Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sault Ste Marie to Thunder Bay


water front in Sault Ste Marie
water front in Sault Ste Marie

I never get tired of the water front in Sault Ste Marie, and even though this was a day of steady riding, I still took some time to go for a walk.

As I left the Soo it was sunny and warm but 120 Kms later the story would change.  

I made it to the Agawa Indian Crafts Store just in the nick of time to miss a huge deluge of rain.  
I took shelter in the store and had a coffee while I waited things out. I wasn’t alone either, pretty much every bike that was on the highway pulled in – you could not see 5 feet in front of you it was raining that hard!

We all got a kick out of reading the tee shirts in this place. They are freaking hilarious. They have a good selection of biker gear too and I took advantage and bought some boot covers – mine wore out and plastic bags suck!

After a two hour wait the rain settled down to a drizzle. 

All bundled up in my Froggs Toggs and new boot covers I had no fear of getting wet. It amazes me how many riders here in the east know about Froggs Toggs and what great gear they are and yet very few in the west seem to have any knowledge of them. 
I will have to do a review on these before too much longer!

I pulled in to the NorWester Best Western just in time for supper. Vi and Dave met me and we ate at the hotel. The meal was awesome as was our waitress!


After our meal, we visited for a bit more and then it was time for good byes…I hate that part. 
It will be a while before I get to see these wonderful folks again!

Nor'Wester
Nor'Wester
The Nor'Wester Best Western offers a lot of amenities. You can host a wedding,  a private party, a training session or a rally here.  They have a pool, hot tub and sauna and are in a great location.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Nor'Wester Hotel
Their beds are very comfortable, the showers have great pressure and pretty much anything you need is either provided or readily available.

Check them out the next time your wandering takes you to Thunder Bay:


2080 Highway #61, Thunder Bay, 
Ontario, P7J 1B8
Phone: 807/473-9123               
Fax: 807/473-9600

I was in bed early as I had a good day of riding ahead…Winnipeg is the next stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment