Sunday, September 12, 2010

Petawawa and the Base Museum

We had the opportunity to stop at the Base in Petawawa and visit the museum. I am so glad that we did - what a phenomenal place!  Ealier in the day, before we left the province of Quebec, Mark and I had stopped for fuel - the Timmy's was over loaded by soldiers - three bus loads! What a sight...

Needless to say we did not stop for a coffee...
military museum
Petawawa...
and the museum
If you EVER get to this part of the country - this military museum rivals the one in Ottawa!



There is so much to see in this museum and I most certainly did not want to spoil it for you as I have taken a TON of pictures. This was a moving experience for me - the history, the pride...


What a great place to spend a few hours. If you get the chance - do NOT pass it up.
Here is a link to the town and base web site for more info on what else there is there...Petawawa


Until Next time - ride safe....

No comments:

Post a Comment